Professors, associate professors and PhD program in high energy physics
The Institute of High Energy Physics (IHEP) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) invites applications for permanent staff positions. IHEP is a comprehensive research laboratory for particle and astroparticle physics, accelerator physics and technology, radiation technology and applications, as well as for nuclear analytical techniques and interdisciplinary research.
IHEP is a premier high energy physics center in China. The BEPC is located in IHEP’s main campus. IHEP is the Worldwide LHC Computing Tier-2 Grid site; its computer center provides excellent computing resources and support to researchers.
IHEP’s main campus is in western Beijing with easy access to the city subway and bus-lines to all areas of Beijing. Beijing is served by a modern airport with numerous daily flights to Europe, North America and other Asian countries, and by high-speed railway to major Chinese cities and significant destinations. The city of Beijing offers rich cultural, culinary and entertainment opportunities, a great variety of historic sites, as well as the benefits of a modern city.
The Dongguan campus of IHEP, in Guangdong province in the south of China, is the location of China Spallation Neutron Source (CSNS), which was completed in August 2018. The facility benefits from its strategic location as the geometric center of Pearl River Delta, which is about 1.5 hours by bus from Guangzhou, 1 hour by bus from Shenzhen and 2.5 hours by bus from Hong Kong. CSNS is close to Songshan Lake (SSL) High-tech District, a centre of innovation with a beautiful environment, recognized for its research centres and its economic vitality. It has different parks, with a green coverage of more than 60%. The living area of the CSNS staff is just located in the center of SSL, and they enjoy working and living here.
In addition, IHEP has Jinan campus (in Shandong Province), and runs experiment sites at Jiangmen (in Guangdong Province), Yangbajing (Tibet) and Daocheng (Sichuan).
For information about IHEP, please visit http://english.ihep.cas.cn/
Positions available in these fields
- Particle and nuclear physics
- Theoretical physics
- Accelerator and neutron physics
- Astronomy and astrophysics
- Synchrotron radiation and applied research
- Nuclear technology and applications
- Computer science.
Programs and benefits
A: Academic Leader – Full Professors
- Professor or equivalent position from a well-known overseas university or research institute. Exceptional candidates with an associate professor or equivalent position are also qualified to apply.
- Support: Position of senior title, Ph.D. supervisor, start-up funds: RMB 6–16 million, allowance for living expenses: RMB 2 million.
B: Associate Professors – Class A
- Ph.D. degree.
- Formal position and at least three years of continuous work experience at a well-known overseas university or research institute. Length of work experience negotiable for an exceptional candidate with a Ph.D. degree obtained overseas.
- Support: distinguished young researchers of IHEP, Start-up funds: RMB 3–9 million, allowance for living expenses: RMB 1 million.
C: Associate Professors – Class B
- Ph.D. degree.
- At least three years of continuous work experience at a distinguished overseas university or research institute. Length of work experience negotiable for an exceptional candidate.
- Support: distinguished young researchers of IHEP, start-up funds: RMB 1–8 million, allowance for living expenses: RMB 1 million (allowance available after assessment is passed).
D: IHEP Talent Program – Ph.D. degree
- At least five years of work experience (including Ph.D.).
- Associate professors, professors, or equivalent positions under age 45, or postdoctoral position, assistant professors, or equivalent positions under age 40.
- Exceptions may be made for extremely well-qualified candidates in engineering technology.
- Support: position of senior title, start-up funds: RMB 100 thousand (100,000).
- Competitive salary and insurance package (specifics negotiable)
- Well-furnished apartments for rent
- Relocation allowance
- Help in settling and enrolment of children in nursery/kindergarten and school.
- Outline of academic accomplishments
- Description of current research and plans for future research
- 3–5 published papers representative of your work
- At least three letters of reference from experts in your field (to be signed and e-mailed to us by the recommenders themselves).
Office of Human Resources, Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 19B Yuquan Road, Shijingshan District, Beijing 100049, China. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (86) 010-8823 8366
Apply for Professors, associate professors and PhD program in high energy physics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly