Technician - Spare Parts Storekeeper (EN-CV-GEM-2021-137-LD)
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
The Engineering Department pushes forward the limits of technology to provide innovative research tools to the physics and engineering worldwide community. Within the cooling and ventilation group of the EN department, you will join the Methods, Store and Electrical Section (GEM), which is in charge of the definition of maintenance
procedures, computerized maintenance management implementation, spare parts store management and electrical work.
Are you a qualified, proactive and multi-tasking technician, willing to contribute to a unique working environment at the heart of one of the world's most complex and exciting scientific experiments? Then, this opportunity is for you - join the largest particle physics research laboratory in the world. CERN, take part!
- Manage the store operations: reception, database update, inventory, stock rotation, definition of reordering thresholds, organisation of the repair of defective items.
- Manage the 20000 electro mechanical spare parts including motors, pumps, gaskets, fan belts and circuit breakers;
- Use the CMM system for the management of all stores activities.
- Search for and select new suppliers.
- Prepare price enquiries, analyze commercial offers and place orders to the suppliers for spare parts purchase.
- Assist the operation and maintenance regarding spare parts selection and distribution upon delivery.
- Prepare statistics on the stores activity and analyze the results.
- Follow-up on orders and the stores budget.
- Take on responsibility for the stores safety.
Higher technical diploma or equivalent relevant experience in the field of electro mechanics and/or spare parts storekeeping or a related field.
- Proven experience in the management of stores of electro mechanical spare parts;
- Proven experience in the use of CMM systems and other IT tools for data entry, analysis and management of a spare parts store;
- Experience in the field of maintenance of cooling and ventilation installations would be an asset.
- Warehouse and inventory management: management of stock levels and obsolescence, parameterization of supply strategies, warehouse management, inventory management;
- Configuration and use of information management systems: use of CMM systems and other IT tools for management of spare parts stores;
- Operation and maintenance of cooling water systems: and HVAC plants.
- Working in Teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships; Gaining trust and collaboration from others; Seeking to help other team members when own work is done; supporting others.
- Communicating Effectively: ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented.
- Managing Self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting; Taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen.
- Demonstrating Flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements; Readily accepting new tasks or work/projects; Readily absorbing new techniques and working practices; proposing new or improved ways of working.
Spoken and written French or English: ability to draw up technical texts in one of the two languages, as well as ability to learn, understand and speak the other language in professional contexts.