Undulator Scientist (f/m/d)
- European XFEL
- Schenefeld, Schleswig-Holstein
- Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany
- Closing date
- 28 Apr 2023
Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km-long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques.
The Undulator Systems group at European XFEL is responsible to maintain the existing undulator systems as well as to develop the technology of superconducting undulators (SCUs) to be implemented in the European XFEL improving the performance of the photon beams offered to the users. In the next years tests of SCUs in the EuXFEL are foreseen. In addition, in order to characterize the SCUs two test stands are under development in collaboration with DESY.
For our Undulator Systems group we are looking for an
Undulator Scientist (f/m/d)
- Working together with other European XFEL and DESY groups to develop and implement superconducting undulators
- Setup of experiments in particular related to magnetic field measurements for superconducting undulators and contribute to installations
- Commissioning of electronic and mechanical components as well as control systems
- Degree in physics, electrical engineering or mechatronic or equivalent
- Background in commissioning and operation of measurement systems
- Experience in one of the following fields would be beneficial: accelerator physics, cryogenics, superconducting magnets, undulators, magnetic field measurements and accelerator-based photon science
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-disciplinary team with English as working language. Knowledge of German is an asset.
For additional information, please contact Sara Casalbuoni (email@example.com) .
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers.
Become part of a vibrant international and multi-cultural team of scientists, engineers, technical and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, as well as subsidized job-tickets and meals at our company restaurant. The European XFEL GmbH intends to achieve a widely international staff. Company language is English, non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointment is limited to 5 years.
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert