STFC (part of UK Research and Innovation) are seeking a Hardware Engineer with technical expertise in a relevant aspect of software development to support the delivery of the National Quantum Computing Centre's core objectives.
You will work as part of a Quantum Hardware Development Group within the Research function alongside software and applications developers. Applying your skills in qubit development and control architectures robust and re-usable digital assets will be rapidly deployed to meet the goals of the NQCC enabling the delivery of scalable quantum computing capabilities against our technology roadmap.
You will develop high performance physical and logical qubit designs and architectures aswell as scaling strategies and designs. You will input into software and control architecture to enable a variety of hardware platforms and applications to be developed, whilst promoting best practice software development across the centre. This role requires travel across the UK and internationally when required to attend meetings with collaborators.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A degree or equivalent in a Computing/Physics or Engineering relevant discipline or equivalent level of knowledge and skills
- Good communication skills both in written and oral with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Experience using MS Office
- Significant knowledge of qubit device and control
- Qubit hardware design, development and test experience
- Familiar with a range of professional tools and methods related to hardware device delivery
Choosing to come to work at UKRI means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits including a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance, access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to see more details and to apply please visit our job board at Job Search Results - Careers Portal Careers. Please include a covering letter outlining how you fit the role criteria.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 12th December 2021.