Application Scientist Quantum Technologies - Germany
- Zurich Instruments
- Munich, Germany
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments and a pioneer in quantum computing control systems. Our products are used by the most ambitious scientists and engineers around the world. In 2018 we launched the first-ever commercial Quantum Computing Control System (QCCS) to accelerate the progress of the community towards impactful quantum computers.
At present, we have several projects with leading groups and companies to extend the capabilities and reach of our QCCS. To develop further our customer base and ensure successful adoption by our customers, we are looking to grow our Marketing & Sales team in Munich.
- Establish new customer contacts and maintain existing ones, securing future sales mainly related to quantum computing;
- Represent Zurich Instruments at trade shows and visit customers worldwide with a focus on Germany;
- Provide application-specific customer support, including on-site system integration;
- Refine key product features of our arbitrary waveform generators, quantum analyzers and other quantum stack products, thus helping to strengthen and secure Zurich Instruments’ position as a technology leader;
- Perform acceptance testing of the QCCS to meet scientific requirements;
- Produce material such as product documentation, website content, blog posts, application notes, videos, etc.
- Ph.D. in Physics with relevant background in quantum technologies;
- Solid scientific track record with years of practical lab experience, including RF/microwave signal generation and measurement;
- Experience in controlling and automating complex experiments, preferentially with Python;
- Sales experience and/or an interest to develop your skills in this area;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluency in English is a must;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and know-how of basic marketing strategies are an advantage.
We offer a diverse work environment in an international high-tech arena with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
Now is a great time to join the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.
Zurich Instruments is a test and measurement company based in Zurich, Switzerland, with subsidiaries around the world. We develop, sell and support measurement instrumentation in key worldwide markets, either directly or with carefully selected partners.
Why work for us
You will work in a team of bright, creative, and inspiring people. We all love technology and work together with a positive and innovation-driven spirit. You will encounter a work environment with a lot of freedom to act, and space for creativity. We also believe that consistently good work performance requires a healthy work–life balance. This starts with a good working climate where we tackle daily challenges with persistence and a sense of humour.
Training and development
Our team members grow in their roles, and are coached to successfully take more responsibility. Knowledge sharing and continuous learning across different functions is essential. We foster a culture of open and constructive feedback. Driven by our company values, everybody is encouraged to take leadership in order to achieve the best for our customers and for our company beyond functional and organizational boundaries.
What we are looking for
At Zurich Instruments we actively seek results-oriented self-starters who love to tackle challenges in a cooperative fashion. For our application scientist positions, they’re people who want to transition from an academic path into a more commercial role, and for engineering positions they want to be part of a high-quality R&D team striving for the best-on-market measurement software and hardware solutions. You’ll need to perceive daily variation as a positive stimulus for your own development and feel inspired working in a multicultural, high-tech environment.
Zurich: Switzerland; Shanghai: China; Boston, MA: USA; Germany; Korea; Japan
Number of employees
Positions recently recruited for
Application scientist (quantum), application scientist (optics), technical sales, hardware engineer, software engineer, FPGA and firmware engineer
Desired degree discipline/class
BSc, MSc or PhD, or equivalent, in physics, electrical engineering, or other technical fields, depending on the role
Eligible to work in country of employment
How to apply
Apply online at www.zhinst.com/company/career
All year round
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert