Applications Manager Lock-in Amplifiers
- Zurich Instruments
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments based on dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many challenging research fields by scientists all over the world. Zurich Instruments’ vision is to be the reference for digital instrumentation in leading research and development laboratories.
Join our Marketing & Sales team in Zurich to make a positive impact from day one and grow professionally within a fast-paced, supportive environment.
- Craft and execute an effective marketing strategy in close collaboration with Product Managers and Regional Managers to further develop the lock-in amplifier markets;
- Lead the creation of impactful content like blog posts, videos, application notes, etc. in close collaboration with Application Specialists and the MarCom team;
- Orchestrate the acquisition, processing, storage and distribution of application knowledge inside and outside the company to support informed decision-making;
- Monitor global instrument sales and report to company management;
- Build new relationships with customers and cultivate existing ones to secure growth and customer satisfaction; and
- Engage opinion leaders, demonstrate the strengths of our instruments on the most complex measurements at customers’ labs, and represent Zurich Instruments at major trade shows.
- PhD in Physics or Electrical Engineering; 2 or 3 years of significant research experience after the PhD are a plus;
- Good knowledge of one or more of the applications that Zurich Instruments serves;
- Broad instrumentation and signal processing knowledge applicable to lock-in amplifiers, PIDs and PLLs and/or AWGs is required;
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities and demonstrated informal leadership skills with the ambition to grow;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a commercial role. Marketing experience is a strong asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluency in English is a must. Other languages are appreciated but not required.
We offer a diverse work environment in an international high-tech arena with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
Now is a great time to join the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and your motivation letter.
Zurich Instruments is a test and measurement company based in Zurich, Switzerland, with subsidiaries around the world. We develop, sell and support measurement instrumentation in key worldwide markets, either directly or with carefully selected partners.
Why work for us
You will work in a team of bright, creative, and inspiring people. We all love technology and work together with a positive and innovation-driven spirit. You will encounter a work environment with a lot of freedom to act, and space for creativity. We also believe that consistently good work performance requires a healthy work–life balance. This starts with a good working climate where we tackle daily challenges with persistence and a sense of humour.
Training and development
Our team members grow in their roles, and are coached to successfully take more responsibility. Knowledge sharing and continuous learning across different functions is essential. We foster a culture of open and constructive feedback. Driven by our company values, everybody is encouraged to take leadership in order to achieve the best for our customers and for our company beyond functional and organizational boundaries.
What we are looking for
At Zurich Instruments we actively seek results-oriented self-starters who love to tackle challenges in a cooperative fashion. For our application scientist positions, they’re people who want to transition from an academic path into a more commercial role, and for engineering positions they want to be part of a high-quality R&D team striving for the best-on-market measurement software and hardware solutions. You’ll need to perceive daily variation as a positive stimulus for your own development and feel inspired working in a multicultural, high-tech environment.
Zurich: Switzerland; Shanghai: China; Boston, MA: USA; Germany; Korea; Japan
Number of employees
Positions recently recruited for
Application scientist (quantum), application scientist (optics), technical sales, hardware engineer, software engineer, FPGA and firmware engineer
Desired degree discipline/class
BSc, MSc or PhD, or equivalent, in physics, electrical engineering, or other technical fields, depending on the role
Eligible to work in country of employment
How to apply
Apply online at www.zhinst.com/company/career
All year round
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert