Application Scientist Quantum Technologies - USA
- Zurich Instruments
- Boston, US
- Closing date
- 23 Mar 2023
Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments and a pioneer in quantum computing control systems. Our products are used by the most ambitious scientists and engineers around the world. In 2018 we launched the first-ever commercial Quantum Computing Control System (QCCS) to help the quantum computing community reach its goal of impactful quantum computers.
As an Application Scientist, you will be part of our marketing and sales team in Boston. With the opportunity to apply your technical expertise to solve new technical challenges, you will be making a significant contribution to the success of our fast-growing company. This is a great chance to transition directly from an academic path into a role within a dynamic company environment that allows you to stay at the cutting edge of technology.
- Establish new and maintain existing customer contacts, securing future sales mainly related to quantum technologies: quantum computing, quantum simulation, quantum optics, etc.;
- Represent Zurich Instruments at trade shows and visit customers around the world;
- Work with leading quantum researchers across the US and help them solve complex technical challenges;
- Provide application-specific customer support, including onsite system integration, product demonstrations and customer training;
- Refine key product features of our AWGs, quantum analyzers and other quantum stack products, helping to secure Zurich Instruments’ position as a technology leader;
- Produce marketing material such as web copy, blog posts, application notes, videos, newsletter content.
- PhD in physics with a background in quantum technologies or AMO;
- Solid scientific track record with practical lab experience; hands-on experience with radiofrequency/microwave signal generation and measurement;
- Excellent communication skills; good writing skills are an important asset;
- Programming ability in Python;
- Sales experience and/or an interest in developing such skills;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and know-how of basic marketing methodologies are most welcome.
Zurich Instruments offers a diverse work environment in an international high-tech arena with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
We provide a competitive remuneration and benefits package, including paid vacation and sick time in addition to US national holidays, and we support a healthy work-life balance.
Now is a great time to join the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. Applicants need to be legally authorized to work in the USA.
Zurich Instruments is a test and measurement company based in Zurich, Switzerland, with subsidiaries around the world. We develop, sell and support measurement instrumentation in key worldwide markets, either directly or with carefully selected partners.
Why work for us
You will work in a team of bright, creative, and inspiring people. We all love technology and work together with a positive and innovation-driven spirit. You will encounter a work environment with a lot of freedom to act, and space for creativity. We also believe that consistently good work performance requires a healthy work–life balance. This starts with a good working climate where we tackle daily challenges with persistence and a sense of humour.
Training and development
Our team members grow in their roles, and are coached to successfully take more responsibility. Knowledge sharing and continuous learning across different functions is essential. We foster a culture of open and constructive feedback. Driven by our company values, everybody is encouraged to take leadership in order to achieve the best for our customers and for our company beyond functional and organizational boundaries.
What we are looking for
At Zurich Instruments we actively seek results-oriented self-starters who love to tackle challenges in a cooperative fashion. For our application scientist positions, they’re people who want to transition from an academic path into a more commercial role, and for engineering positions they want to be part of a high-quality R&D team striving for the best-on-market measurement software and hardware solutions. You’ll need to perceive daily variation as a positive stimulus for your own development and feel inspired working in a multicultural, high-tech environment.
Zurich: Switzerland; Shanghai: China; Boston, MA: USA; Germany; Korea; Japan
Number of employees
Positions recently recruited for
Application scientist (quantum), application scientist (optics), technical sales, hardware engineer, software engineer, FPGA and firmware engineer
Desired degree discipline/class
BSc, MSc or PhD, or equivalent, in physics, electrical engineering, or other technical fields, depending on the role
Eligible to work in country of employment
How to apply
Apply online at www.zhinst.com/company/career
All year round
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert