Applications Engineer: Electrochemistry/Electrochemical Engineering
- Burlington, US
- Closing date
- 17 Apr 2023
- Electronics & semiconductors, Engineering & instrumentation, Materials science
- Job type
- Industry & business
Be a Part of Simulating Future Innovations and Ideas Within the World of Electrochemistry
COMSOL is seeking an Applications Engineer with expertise in electrochemistry, batteries, or fuel cells to join its Pre-sales and Applications team to work with pre-sales and post-sales support of users of the COMSOL® software.
As the successful applicant, you are expected to have a well-rounded education within an engineering or scientific discipline and some experience with understanding or simulating technical applications. With this basis, you will be expected to develop your technical proficiency in new areas of science and engineering as you help COMSOL’s users simulate their future innovations and ideas, particularly within applications like batteries, fuel cells, electrolysis, electrodeposition, and corrosion.
Pre-Sales Leads Qualification and Prospect Support
- Demonstrate the building of clear and understandable simulation examples for prospective customers on simulations of their applications, primarily in the field of electrochemistry and electrochemical engineering;
- Support prospective customers on the modeling of their applications with COMSOL Multiphysics®;
- Demonstrate use of the COMSOL® software and summarize its features in web-based workshops and other marketing and sales events, along with customer meetings;
- A willingness and ability to travel for limited periods of time to current and potential customers in order to run COMSOL-sponsored events and activities in North and South America.
Post-Sales Technical Support
- Support customers on use of the COMSOL® software for their electrochemistry-based applications, along with a variety of multiphysics applications involving other engineering and scientific disciplines;
- Initiate and participate in subsequent sales opportunities to existing customers or the colleagues and other departments of existing customers.
Training and Mentoring
- Develop your technical and simulation knowledge and abilities through working with sales and support cases both independently and in cooperation with other sales and applications engineers;
- Run introductory training courses along with electrochemical, transport phenomena, and chemical reaction engineering-specific courses;
- Develop and mentor new applications engineers, technical account managers, and sales engineers on the COMSOL® software and its uses in certain application areas.
- A master’s degree in engineering, physics, applied mathematics, or a physical science with six months or more experience in general mathematical modeling techniques. An understanding and coursework experience within electrochemical reaction kinetics, corrosion reaction kinetics, or advanced chemical reaction kinetics principles and application of such principles;
- Excellent communication skills on the phone, in person, and in writing;
- Current eligibility to work in the U.S.
- A master’s or higher degree in a field requiring a significant component of expertise in theoretical electrochemistry, material science, material physics, physical chemistry, or electrochemical, battery, or corrosion engineering, physics, applied mathematics, or a physical science with six months or more experience in modeling based on numerical methods, such as FEM, FVM, BEM or similar, that has been gained as part of project work at a commercial company, government research facility, or university.
Supporting your success in your role as an Applications Engineer will be other simulation engineers and software developers who occupy the top echelons of their areas of expertise, including within electrochemical engineering. You will see and participate, on a daily basis, in the development and operation of many and varied cutting-edge new technologies. As an applications engineer, you will work with some of the most preeminent engineers and scientists in their respective fields who are simulating innovations and ideas for the future.
Working at COMSOL
COMSOL’s software is used by scientists and engineers in all of the leading universities, government research entities, and technical companies throughout the world. The company is fast-growing and has sales, marketing, and development facilities in 20 offices within the U.S., Europe, Asia, and South America. Its flagship product, COMSOL Multiphysics®, has grown to be a market-leader in simulation within Computer-aided Engineering (CAE). Its new innovation in providing a platform for user-defined and tailor-made simulation apps is democratizing simulation for all engineers and scientists to achieve faster and more intuitive development and optimization of their technical designs and processes.
At COMSOL, Inc. we offer our employees:
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience;
- Health and 401(k) plans and other benefits;
- Generous vacation times;
- A spacious, bright, and comfortable office with private work spaces;
- A location within an office park that contains on-site restaurants, hotels, bars, and a free fitness center with yoga, and barre (https://www.districtburlington.com/);
- Walking distance to many local restaurants, stores and other amenities, outside the office park, as well as Burlington Mall;
- An on-site shuttle service to Alewife Station and local bus routes to other locations throughout greater Boston.
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. This is an in-office position.
Company Mission and Vision
COMSOL's mission is to provide easy-to-use software solutions to engineering problems and to help our users get the most out of our products. Our mission guides us in everything we do.
One of our requirements when developing software is that all add-on products in the product suite work together seamlessly without changing the user interface or modeling workflow. This makes our software intuitive to use and lets the user follow a consistent modeling workflow regardless of the physics they are modeling. Similarly, the Application Builder within COMSOL Multiphysics® includes drag-and-drop functionality so that anyone can build simulation apps as well as Java programming for those looking to add complex functionality.
To help our users get the most out of our products, we provide technical support, training, as well as numerous self-serve learning resources on our website.
We envision sustaining and reinforcing our position as a leading provider and developer of mathematical modeling software. We also aim to make our technology the primary tool for engineers, researchers, and lecturers within the fields of education and high-tech product development.
100 District Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert