At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Do you have experience in coordinating a logistics contract managing inbound and outbound flows of a large organization? Do you have a keen sense of customer service and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and external collaborators? Join CERN and rise to the challenge of coordinating supply chain execution activities to build and maintain the accelerators and experiments of the world’s largest particle physics laboratory. Take part!
The successful candidate will join the Site & Civil Engineering (SCE) department, which manages and develops CERN's real estate assets and infrastructures in agreement with CERN's scientific strategy, as well as all the services related to the caretaking and operation of the CERN site.
The Logistics (LS) section within the Services & Supply Chain (SSC) group provides CERN’s community optimal logistics services associated to goods/material inbound and outbound flows such as shipping (external transport management, import/export documentation, customs & fiscal advisory), goods reception, internal distribution, removals, mail, and storage (accelerator equipment and special waste).
As logistics coordinator, you will contribute to the smooth execution of the following operations: CERN goods reception (~60k receptions and ~10k expeditions/year), internal distribution (~140k/year) and internal removals (~1.5k/year). It covers the following tasks:
- Coordination of the logistics and special packing support contract:
- Field control of the activity including the quality, budgets and final payment of invoices;
- Enforcing compliance with CERN safety rules and all international transport rules (ex: ADR, IATA);
- Follow up KPIs and objectives for the operations.
- Reference person for CERN departments and user community:
- 3rd level support in ServiceNow to treat in quick and reactive manner incidents, requests and special demands (eg: quotation, purchase order and invoice payment);
- Direct connection with shipping team (ex: ADR or import/export documents), CERN heavy transport team and radioprotection team;
- Technical referent for packing, handling and lashing questions.
- Continuous improvement projects:
- Preparation and realization of investments (equipment, infrastructure, software) and process streamlining;
- Liaise with IT system to deploy solutions according to the logistics needs (ex: ERP, tracking);
- Deployment of LEAN methodology or equivalent: standard, audit, PDCAs, workshops.
Higher technical diploma or equivalent relevant experience in the field of of logistics / supply chain execution or a related field.
The following certifications will be an asset:
- ADR and IATA certification;
- Known Consignor certification;
- LEAN green belt certificate or equivalent.
The experience required for this post is:
- Proven experience in logistics team coordination or logistics subcontract management;
- Demonstrated experience in logistics (inbound and outbound) associated to a large industrial company;
- Experience in day-to-day use of ERP (ex: iNFOR LN, Qualiac or others).
- Freight forwarding: with knowledge in dangerous goods transportation by road, airfreight and seafreight;
- Goods reception and distribution;
- Warehouse and inventory management;
- Contract management: follow-up of financial and technical aspects.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships;
- Learning and sharing knowledge: sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer; proposing ways to improve or streamline existing procedures, processes and methodologies; learning from own successes and failures;
- Managing self: remaining objective, focussed and productive in a stressful environment; focusing on solutions rather than problems;
- Communicating effectively: providing others with timely information;
- Achieving results: delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs; delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations; having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/or official communications and to make oral presentations in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 13.01.2023 at 12:00 AM (midnight) CET.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- A valid driving licence is required;
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization;
- Work in Radiation Areas.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: SCE-SSC-LS-2022-163-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Process/Services Assistant