Application Scientist Quantum Instrumentation (80-100%)
Zurich Instruments is a technology leader in advanced test and measurement instruments and a pioneer in quantum computing control systems. Our products are used by the most ambitious scientists and engineers around the world. In 2018 we launched the first-ever commercial Quantum Computing Control System (QCCS) to accelerate the progress of the community towards impactful quantum computers.
At present, we have several projects with leading groups and companies to extend the capabilities and reach of our QCCS. To develop further our customer base and ensure successful adoption by our customers, we are looking to grow our Marketing & Sales team in Zurich.
- Work closely with product managers and the development team to strengthen the tight integration of software and instrumentation of our product offerings;
- Anticipate where the field heads next and derive its future needs through continuous engagement with opinion leaders and customers worldwide;
- Transfer the latest scientific results in quantum computing into acceptance criteria for product development;
- Perform acceptance testing and verification of our quantum computing software and instrumentation;
- Provide application-specific customer support, including on-site system integration;
- Produce marketing material such as product documentation, website content, blog posts, application notes, videos, etc.
- Relevant background in quantum computing and a PhD in physics, electrical engineering, computer science or related field;
- Deep understanding of different layers in the quantum stack and/or quantum control instrumentation;
- Proficient programming in Python or comparable languages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluency in English is a must;
- Experience in experimental control of large systems and/or using quantum computing frameworks, e.g. Qiskit, Cirq, etc. would be an advantage.
We offer a diverse work environment in an international high-tech arena with an open and transparent company culture where personal development forms the basis of our success. We thrive on cooperation and support distributed decision-making that allows everyone to take responsibility and generate substantial impact from the start and on many levels.
Quantum Computing is your passion?
Now is a great time to join the team.
We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter.