Postdoctoral Fellow - Ultrafast spectroscopy and Imaging (IV-116)
We are now looking for a junior researcher/instrument scientist to contribute to the development of the unique experimental capabilities of the MAC user end-station. The successful candidate will work both on independent research topics focused on ultrafast spectroscopy and imaging of nano-particles and molecular beams as well as provide support for members of an international user community who come to perform experiments at the scientific end stations.
The work will be predominantly focused on following topics:
- development of experimental capabilities of the MAC user end-station;
- participation in the support of user experiments at the MAC user end-station as well as in-house research and development programmes;
- contribution to the relevant research activities of the department of Structural Dynamics within national and international collaborators at synchrotrons and X-ray free-electron laser facilities.
- PhD in physics, biophysics, chemistry or related field is desirable. Highly motivated candidates with a M.Sc. degree are also encouraged to apply (in that case the position will be transferred to a PhD student position);
- strong interests in development and operation of advanced scientific instruments;
- programming skills in Phyton, Matlab are beneficial;
- experience from working with lasers and/or other pulsed light sources and/or vacuum equipment is beneficial;
- strong interests in scientific fields related to biophysics, ultrafast spectroscopy and dynamics, coherent diffractive imaging, physics with ultra-short pulses, interaction of light with matter, atomic and molecular physics;
- good networking and communication skills, capability to work in a team;
- a good knowledge of spoken and written English is necessary as the work environment is highly international.
- the opportunity to contribute to a unique scientific project and to develop a strong scientific profile in an interdisciplinary research field;
- career growth, professional education;
- competitive and motivating salary;
- 5 weeks of holidays and other employee benefits;
- pleasant work environment in highly motivated international research-team.
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (email@example.com, +420 - 601560322).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data.