Quantum Cluster Development Manager
Quantum Cluster Development Manager
Salary: £50,702 -£56,336 (Band F) gross per annum dependent on experience. Specialist Allowances may be available *
Location: RAL, Harwell Campus- Oxfordshire
Contract Type: Open Ended (Permanent)
Hours: Full Time (We understand the importance of work-life balance, and are happy to discuss the possibility of flexible working with applicants)
Closing Date: 5th October 2022
*This role may be eligible for up to £5000 Specialist Allowance depending on experience
Visa Sponsorship: We are able to sponsor Visa applications, reimburse application fees, and encourage international candidates to apply. A relocation package may be available
Together, our scientists, technologists, engineers and business support team explore the unknown and turn what they find into work that changes the world around us.
Harwell Campus is developing clusters focussed on key high-potential sectors of the UK economy, and encouraging multidisciplinary collaboration between clusters across the campus and beyond to spark innovation and fresh thinking. This role will develop and manage a new Cluster in Quantum, with a primary focus at Harwell.
The Quantum Cluster Development Manager will jointly report to the Director of Clusters- Harwell and the Deputy Director - Innovation, National Quantum Computing Centre (NQCC), working closely with both teams and also with the Harwell Joint Venture Partnership.
The key elements of this role are developing the strategy for the new Quantum Cluster and supporting the growth of companies within the Quantum Cluster. You will work to exploit the cross-disciplinary activities inherent at Harwell for the benefit of the Quantum community. You will develop links to regional clusters around the UK to mutual benefit and the benefit of the UK economy, whilst building and maintaining the strategy for the cluster by identifying critical success factors and attracting key player. This will ultimately accelerate growth by engaging in new opportunities.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a Physics, Computer Science or Engineering related field or similar equivalent experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the Quantum sector and Quantum-enabled services, applications and links to other sectors such as Energy, Health and Space
- Proven ability to translate strategic plans into deliverable actions which deliver the required results
- Demonstrated experience in creating and developing business strategies and demonstrated ability to think, plan and operate strategically and lead others in planning
- Excellent knowledge of both the Quantum SME community and large corporations
- Proven leadership experience - an ability to demonstrate vision and take people with you
- Experience in the implementation of collaborative programmes
This is an exciting time to join the NQCC where you will have the opportunity to harness your experience and drive forward quantum computing within the UK.
STFC offers a benefits package crafted to provide an excellent work/life balance including 30 days' annual leave, flexible working hours, a workplace nursery, outstanding pension scheme and social and sporting activities and societies.
We ask some of the biggest questions in the universe, to answer some of the biggest challenges
in the world. Together, our scientists, technologists, engineers and business-support team
explore the unknown across every field you could think of. What could you achieve with world-leading facilities and experts of one of Europe's largest research organisations by your side?
Join us and discover what's possible