Technician HTS Accelerator Magnets
3 days left
- Job type
- Industry & business
- Coil winding and instrumentation with voltage taps, strain gauges, temperature sensors;
- Process development and optimization for winding, impregnation, and testing procedures; implementation of automated controls;
- Vacuum pressure impregnation of superconducting coils with resins and waxes;
- Manufacturing of test setups (e.g. thermal conductance measurements in cryogenic conditions, hall-probe arrays) and construction tooling;
- Preparation and execution of magnetic measurements with moving wires on precision stages; construction of a warm-bore insert for a testing cryostat.
- You have successfully passed vocational training in a mechanical discipline and completed further training at a higher technical school;
- You have hands-on experience constructing electrical machinery and are motivated to learn magnetic measurement techniques and perform magnetic field measurements;
- You look forward to supporting English- and German-speaking project stakeholders in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment;
- You take the initiative in your area of responsibility and take pride in a job well done.
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a fixed-term position. The employment contract will be limited to 3 years.
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management Anna Fechtig, Forschungsstrasse 111, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland www.psi.ch
For further information, please contact Dr. Bernhard Auchmann, phone +41 56 310 30 26 or Dr. Stéphane Sanfilippo, phone +41 56 310 41 11.
Please submit your application online by 21 August 2022 (index no. 8433-03).