PostDoc (f/m/d) Electron beam optics at Dresden Advanced Light Infrastructure (DALI)
Through cutting-edge research in the fields of ENERGY, HEALTH and MATTER, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) solves some of the pressing societal and industrial challenges of our time. Join our 1400 employees from more than 50 nations at one of our six research sites and help us moving research to the next level!
The Institute of Radiation Physics conducts research for states of matter under extreme conditions and in very small dimensions.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Radiation Source ELBE invites applications as PostDoc (f/m/d) Electron beam optics at Dresden Advanced Light Infrastructure (DALI).
The position will be available from 1 June 2022. The employment contract is limited to two years, with the possibility of longer-term prospects.
- Support the preparation oft the DALI CDR and TDR by charged-particle beam physics and beam optics analyses and design
- Perform physics design, and optimization, of the beam transport system (after exit of IR-THz injector) including: beam separation system; 2nd order magnetic bunch compressor; transverse beam matching into IR-THz undulator; FEL-oscillator-energy-modulator; tunable dispersion section; IR-THz FEL oscillator; and transport to beam dump(s)
- Perform physics design of, and beam transport elements for the VUV FEL system including: injection merger; beam splitters and combiners; recirculating loop; linearizing arc bunch compressor; and beam separators
- PhD degree in Accelerator Physics or its equivalent
- Expertise in beam transport (beam optics) systems design
- High proficiency in verbal and written English communication
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- The employment contract is limited to two years with the possibility of longer-term prospects
- Salary and social benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) including 30 days of paid holiday leave, company pension scheme (VBL)
- We support a good work-life balance with the possibility of part-time employment and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offerings
- An employer subsidy for the VVO job ticket
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.
For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Dr. Pavel Evtushenko Tel.: +49 351 260 3067
Place of work: Dresden-Rossendorf
Working hours: 39 h/week
Deadline: 10 June 2022
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400