The Thorlabs Laser Division NJ seeks to hire an Engineering Manager with more than three years of experience in managing advanced design teams in the photonics field. The successful candidate will lead a multi-disciplinary and matrixed team to design free-space laser and laser-related products.
The Thorlabs Laser Division is a dynamically growing Division within the Thorlabs organization. Split over three locations, NJ, MD and CO, the Laser Division focuses on advanced laser and amplifier design and manufacturing with an emphasis on ultrafast and non-linear technologies.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Directs product conceptualization, design and verification.
- Manages team of 4-6 engineers, providing performance feedback and coaching.
- Allocates work within team and sets priorities and milestones for concurrent development projects and ensures the engineering department is meeting its goals.
- Manages sustaining engineering/continuous improvement efforts on released laser and accessory products throughout the lifecycle of the products.
- Technical interface with key customers.
- This role requires at least 3 years' experience managing a team of engineers
- Technical degree in Physics or Photonics-related Engineering with at least 6 years of industry experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Intimate knowledge of laser design, dispersion, and non-linear optics
- Broad knowledge of opto-mechanical design
- Basic understanding of photonic-related electronics like temperature control, laser diode driver, rf-detection, and amplification
- Proven leadership acumen
- Strong communication skills, particularly with highly technical content
- Effectively handles multiple projects and competing priorities
- Some travel required
To apply, please click the green Apply button.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.