Head of the Experiment Electronics Department (EEL)
The successful candidate will lead the EEL department of GSI with in total 30 scientists, engineers and technicians developing and supporting instrumentation for a wide variety of physics experiments in the fields of nuclear and particle physics, atomic physics, material sciences, plasma physics and biophysics. The department acts as a competence center for the international collaborations active at GSI/FAIR as well as for local units like the accelerator department and the detector laboratory. The department conducts a broad range of activities within a portfolio comprising analog and digital electronics, system design, ASIC development, embedded software (e.g. FPGA), data acquisition (DAQ) and analysis, control systems as well as PCB layout, assembly and rapid prototyping. Your vision and expertise will guide the department to strengthen these roles by using forefront technologies.
We are looking for a person with the following qualification:
- University degree in Electronic Engineering or Physics (M.Sc.).
- Outstanding expertise in modern front-end electronics for nuclear and particle physics experiments.
- Several years of work experience in a supervising position in electronics development.
- Professional experience in one of these areas: stringent real-time applications / low-latency systems / low-noise systems.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills; good German language skills will be essential.
- Goal-oriented and analytical mind-set, strong skills in people management and resource handling.
Please provide us with a short summary of your ideas on the future of electronics for experiments in the framework of GSI and FAIR.
Further information on this position can be found at https://www.gsi.de/en/jobscareer/job_offers
Please also feel free to contact Dr. Yvonne Leifels (email@example.com) in case of questions.
If you find this position interesting, please send your complete application incl. the usual documents, your salary expectation and your earliest start date, stating the Ref. No., by 30 September 2021 at the latest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.