Faculty of Physics and Applied Computer Science, AGH University in Krakow, Poland, is looking for a postdoctoral researcher, employed as an assistant professor in the group of research faculty (i.e. no teaching duties for that position). The employment is for 18 months and is fully funded from the "Initiative for Excellence - Research University" (IDUB) grants. There is a possibility of an extension of the employment, provided excellent research performance and taking up teaching duties.
The non-negotiable starting date of the employment is May 1, 2024.
The Candidate is expected to work on perturbative Quantum Chromodynamics and its high energy limit. Part of the research is devoted to developing Monte Carlo event generators, so the Candidate has to have excellent programming skills.
Currently, the group of Strongly Interacting Systems consists in permanent faculty: Prof. Piotr Bożek, Prof. Adam Bzdak, Dr. Piotr Kotko and a few PhD students. The Candidate may benefit from interaction with other groups in our Faculty, including experimental groups that participate in CERN and EIC experiments.
The candidate will work mostly with Dr Piotr Kotko and his collaborators from institutions in Poland and abroad.
The salary will be a regular base salary of the assistant professor at Faculty of Physics and Applied Computer Science, AGH University (around 8500PLN brutto in 2023). AGH University has a motivation system for good publishing scientists that can increase the salary. The employment is a regular employment in a public university, which means that all social benefits (public health care, eligibility to get a multisport pass, etc.) are included in the salary.
- PhD title in physics
- very good research track in theory and phenomenology of strong interactions, in particular perturbative Quantum Chromodynamics
- very good programing skills in object oriented languages, in particular C++
- ability to present research results publicly, confirmed by past international conference presentations
- fluent English, both spoken and written
1. Please send:
Please include at the end of your email the following clause regarding the personal data protection laws in EU: "I hereby authorize you to process my personal data included in my job application solely for the purpose of the selection process in accordance with the article 7 of of the Regulation of the European Parliament and Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) [OJ EU L. 2016.119.1 of 4 May 2016]."
2. Please arrange two reference letters to be sent to the above adresses by the Referees (only reference letters sent by the Referees themselves are taken into account).
3. The revision of applications starts immediately and closes on March 28, 2024. Please note, that by that date additional documents will be required (see below), so it is advised that interested Candidates send their documents early.
1. We will start reviewing applications and online interviewing selected Candidates immediately.
2. Pre-selected candidates will be asked to provide additional forms required by the central administartion for the selection procedure.
3. After March 28, 2024 during a meeting of the Committee for the Employment the most suitable Candidate will be selected.
4. Soon after, the selected Candidate will be asked to sign the contract and deal with the rest of administrative employment procedure. Please note that this will require physical presence in Krakow.
AGH University of Krakow is one of the top-ranked technical universities in Poland. It is based in the city of Krakow, offering plenty of leisure-time activities, lively atmosphere (with over 120000 students) and historic old town. See https://www.agh.edu.pl/en.
For more details contact Piotr Kotko at firstname.lastname@example.org.