- STARTING DATE: 2024/09/01 (flexible)
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: March 15, 2024
- Official web page: https://www.theo.phys.ulg.ac.be/ifpawiki/index.php?title=Postdoctoral_posts
- STAR Institute web page: https://www.star.uliege.be/cms/c_4265211/en/star https://www.star.uliege.be/cms/c_4265211/en/star
- IFPA web page: https://www.theo.phys.ulg.ac.be
The STAR Institute at the University of Liège welcomes applications for a 3-year postdoctoral researcher position in the Fundamental Interactions group. The job should start September 1st 2024, with some flexibility on the exact starting date.
The Fundamental Interactions group has expertise in neutrino physics, gravitational-wave astronomy, cosmic-ray showers, quasar characterisation, electromagnetic lensing and dark matter. Some of its members belong to the Virgo collaboration or to the Euclid consortium.
The postdoctoral researcher will focus on multimessenger astrophysics and provide a link between some or all of these research directions.
- A doctorate in physics;
- A good knowledge of several of the areas needed for multimessenger astrophysics;
- Experience in phenomenology.
Note that the candidate must not have spent more than 24 months as a resident of Belgium over the last 3 years.
Applications will be sent to email@example.com , specifying the reference number of the post, no later than March 15th, 2024.
- A complete curriculum vitæ;
- A complete publication list;
- A report on previous and current research activities, as well as a research project;
- Two letters of recommendation that should be independently sent to the above e-mail address.
The selection procedure will be in accordance with the regulations of the University of Liège. Our institutional policy is based on diversity and equal opportunities. We select candidates based on their qualities, regardless of age, sexual orientation, origin, beliefs, disability or nationality.