To strengthen our team in the division "Inorganic Reference Materials" in Berlin-Adlershof, starting 01.03.2024, we are looking for a
Postdoctoral scientist (m/f/d) in the field of Chemistry, Physics or comparable
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract for 36 months
Full-time/suitable as part-time employment
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes. At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
- Development of innovative spectrometric analysis methods, including glow discharge and mass spectrometry, for elemental analysis in battery and materials research
- Application of Machine Learning for advanced data analysis and evaluation, using multivariate statistics and programming languages such as Python, R, and MATLAB
- Collaboration with national and international research institutions
- Writing scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Acquisition and implementation of third-party funded projects
- Supervision of doctoral candidates, students, and interns
- Successfully completed academic university degree (Diploma/Master) in Chemistry, Physics or a related field
- Outstanding doctorate in Chemistry, Physics, or a related field
- Demonstrated expertise in analytical atomic spectrometry and instrumental analytics, as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Proficiency in using statistical software for multivariate data analysis
- Proven experience in presenting research results
- Excellent proficiency in English and German, both in writing and speaking
- Proven skills in writing scientific reports and publications
- Good communication and information behaviour, goal-oriented and structured way of working, initiative/commitment and ability to make decisions, ability to work in a team and willingness to cooperate and willingness to learn
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface of politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
We welcome applications via the online application form by 15.01.2024. Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, quoting the reference number 288/23‑1.6 to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und ‑prüfung
Referat Z.3 – Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Please submit the following documents:
cover letter, CV, certificates, list of publications, proof of language skills and your dissertation
Dr. Abad Andrade will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104‑4131 and/or by email to Carlos.Abad@bam.de.
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. In addition, BAM supports the integration of severely disabled persons and therefore especially welcomes their applications. With regard to the fulfilment of the job advertisement requirements, the application documents are examined individually. Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable.
The advertised position requires a high level of physical aptitude.
BAM actively supports the compatibility of work and family and has been certified as a family- and life-phase-conscious employer by the "audit berufundfamilie" since 2015.