The Extreme Light Infrastructure ERIC (ELI ERIC) is the world’s largest and most advanced high-power laser research infrastructure. As an international user facility dedicated to multi-disciplinary science, ELI provides access to world-class high-power, high-repetition-rate laser systems and enables cutting-edge research, as well as breakthrough technological innovations. The ELI ERIC operates as a single multi-site organization with two complementary facilities specialized in different fields of research with extreme light: ELI Beamlines in Dolní Břežany (Czech Republic) and ELI ALPS in Szeged (Hungary).
ELI Beamlines Facility operates four cutting-edge high-power femtosecond laser systems reaching unprecedented intensities. The operational laser systems make unique femtosecond sources of X-rays and accelerated particles available to scientific users for pioneering research in physical, chemical, materials, life and medical sciences as well as physics of dense plasmas, warm dense matter, and laboratory astrophysics. The ELI Beamlines Facility employs over 350 researchers, engineers and other professionals from more than 38 countries.
For the development, delivery and support of the laser control systems, we invite applications for a new group member: DevOps-Engineer/Sysadmin (35).
- building, operating and extending infrastructure systems for development, testing, deployment and monitoring of control system software;
- developing and implementing a strategy for configuration management of critical installations;
- supporting the development of a web-based monitoring platform;
- supporting the daily operation of the laser and experimental laboratories and server room, assisting with the deployment of new subsystems, and responding to developer and operator requirements.
- university degree with a focus on computer science, software engineering, applied physics or mathematics or related;
demonstrated professional experience in:
- Linux systems administration;
- virtualization and platform standardization;
- support of software development and deployment toolchains;
- excellent working knowledge of English, verbal and written;
at least one of the following would be also desirable:
- knowledge of enterprise-level networking concepts;
- skills in backend web development (php 7, nodeJS,..);
- experience working in a research facility or for a large data centre.
- the opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project;
- competitive and motivating salary;
- flexible working hours;
- career growth;
- 5 weeks of holidays and 6 days of personal leave;
- support of leisure time activities;
- other employee benefits.
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR Senior Specialist (email@example.com, +420 601 560 322).
Information on the processing of personal data can be found on https://www.eli-beams.eu/informace-o-zpracovani-vasich-osobnich-udaju-gdpr/. We are an equal opportunity employer.