The Extreme Light Infrastructure ERIC (ELI ERIC) is the world’s largest and most advanced high-power laser research infrastructure. As an international user facility dedicated to multidisciplinary science, ELI provides access to world-class high-power, high-repetition-rate laser systems and enables cutting-edge research, as well as breakthrough technological innovations. The ELI ERIC operates as a single multi-site organization with two complementary facilities specialized in different fields of research with extreme light: ELI Beamlines in Dolní Břežany (Czech Republic) and ELI ALPS in Szeged (Hungary).
ELI Beamlines Facility operates four cutting-edge high-power femtosecond laser systems reaching unprecedented intensities. The operational laser systems make unique femtosecond sources of X-rays and accelerated particles available to scientific users for pioneering research in physical, chemical, materials, life and medical sciences as well as physics of dense plasmas, warm dense matter, and laboratory astrophysics. The ELI Beamlines Facility employs over 350 researchers, engineers and other professionals from more than 38 countries.
In our team we have the following position available:
Senior laser physicist (187)
As a member of the L3-HAPLS laser group, you will contribute to the operation and development of the L3-HAPLS laser system. Your main responsibilities will be:
Laser operations and execution of user experiments driven by the L3-HAPLS laser:
- provide oversight on laser operations;
- adapt concept of operations to the needs of users and capabilities of the laser system;
- manage configuration of the laser including optical path, diagnostics, support systems and machine safety systems;
- perform routine and advanced maintenance, develop maintenance procedures.
Development and improvement of the L3-HAPLS laser:
- support improvement of the output parameters and operational reliability;
- test new parts and commission new operating regimes;
- design new optical components and setups, prepare manufacturing specification, perform acceptance tests, and implement the final products;
- contribute to the development of control systems;
- provide requirements specification, test new software, and develop automation of operations;
- plan and execute supporting measurements;
- process and interpret data and use the results as an input for further design and optimization.
- hands-on experience with operating/building/maintaining lasers and optical systems;
- university degree in area of Laser physics, Quantum Electronics, Optics or Optoelectronics;
- fluent communication in English.
- the opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project;
- career growth, professional education;
- competitive and motivating salary;
- flexible working hours;
- nice and friendly working environment;
- meal allowance and canteen;
- support of leisure time activities;
- 5 weeks of holidays and 6 days of personal leave;
- other employee benefits.
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR Senior Specialist (email@example.com, +420 601 560 322).
Information on the processing of personal data can be found on https://www.eli-beams.eu/informace-o-zpracovani-vasich-osobnich-udaju-gdpr/. We are an equal opportunity employer.