Academies Enterprise Trust
Contact: Mr George Petrou
183 Eversholt Street
About Academies Enterprise Trust
Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) is a network of 57 schools nationwide. We believe an excellent education is an entitlement for every child, in every classroom, every day. Join our training programme to become a much-needed science teacher and pass on your passion for learning.
Why work for us
Classroom-based Initial Teacher Training (ITT) programme based in one of our 57 schools. AET is one of the largest multi-academy trusts nationwide and we are partnered with Ark Teacher Training to deliver our programme (rated outstanding by OFSTED). You'll gain a PGCE and your qualified teacher status while working hands-on in the classroom as a teacher. Immediately having impact, your tutor will support you to build up your independent teaching time during the year.
Training and development
- The training programme itself is school-based and you will spend half a day every week in a session with your Ark tutor and other trainees from the network.
- Summer school: an intensive two-week programme to prepare you for the classroom.
- Weekly coaching and mentoring: every week you’ll be observed by your in-school coach, so they can offer you feedback.
- Weekly training: in-person/virtual training sessions with your tutors/peers.
- We will support you to become brilliant educators and leaders within our network.
- One-year teacher training programmes delivered in one of our schools in partnership with Ark Teacher Training
- You’ll gain a PGCE and QTS alongside.
- Bursaries and scholarships available up to £30,000 tax free.
- Salaried training options available.
What we are looking for
Science, engineering or maths graduates and career changers (or other degree holders with strong STEM A-levels).Candidates must demonstrate a desire to pass on their passion for their subject and the ability to engage young people in learning. You’ll enjoy a rewarding career with structured career development into leadership.
Number of employees
Positions recently recruited for
Trainee teacher, physics teacher, science teacher, maths teacher
Desired degree disciplines/class
Physics, maths, engineering, chemistry, biology, STEM
Eligible to work in the UK
All year round
This recruiter is not currently advertising. Why not try our job search?